THE PASSOVER
HEY GUESS what!! FLoAATing FAIrytaLES the CRUISE was a SUCCESS last nite!!
IM so relieved HAHAHA!!
JUSt gotta THANK everyone for praying for it!!!
anyways!! something kinda random just happend to me!!
Two people came knocking at my dooor, and they asked me if I go to church.. I said I DID!
THen they asked if I had 5mins to listen to some bible teaching.. so I thought to myself!!
"WOOW how amazing and brave that these people are doing door knocking evangelism!!"
SO happily I agree, interested in what they have to say!
As i continued to listen, and read with them the verses the CAREFULLY picked out.. I start to feel kinda sad and troubled..
THEY picked out each verse where Jesus talks about the PASSOVER.. THEy picked out each TIME PAUL says im passing on to you the passover which we must keep in remembrance of Jesus.. AND then EVEN flipped to OLD tEstament to I dont remember what book but a passage that said the passover is the 14th day of the 14th month on the 14th hour..
THen explained to me that I cant be guaranteeed that i Have been saved, because I dont keep the passover exactly!
I tried to then casually interject by saying, It is also written that is is through Grace alone we are saved, and that the last supper when Jesus was talking about the bread being his body and wine being his blood, was him actually telling his disciples about what would happen later on the CROSS, and its by believing in Jesus Death for OUR sins on the Cross, and his ressurection as our Lord and Saviour that saves us. I also tried to say that we are saved the moment we first believe that Jesus is who is he, and can be assured of our salvation as we are sealed with the Spirit, and our lives begin to change as we show the fruit of the spirit...
BUT raar it was sad, they were so passionate in their teaching they said kept saying.. yes thats goood.. but NO you MUSt keep the exact PASSover.. and ASked me to Join their Church that DOES do that!! HAHA!
But then I had to tell them that NO i cant DO THAT, I love my CHurCH and my ChURCh is a family, and have Unity as A body of Christ, I would never leave my church..
THen I Thanked them and told them to KEEP reading the BIBLE! and TRYING to understand it as a WHOLE for themselves!! And that their future door knocking would allow people to KNOW JEsus.. (hopefully know JESUS and not that PAssover thing bit)
Yeh it was sad..
IM so relieved HAHAHA!!
JUSt gotta THANK everyone for praying for it!!!
anyways!! something kinda random just happend to me!!
Two people came knocking at my dooor, and they asked me if I go to church.. I said I DID!
THen they asked if I had 5mins to listen to some bible teaching.. so I thought to myself!!
"WOOW how amazing and brave that these people are doing door knocking evangelism!!"
SO happily I agree, interested in what they have to say!
As i continued to listen, and read with them the verses the CAREFULLY picked out.. I start to feel kinda sad and troubled..
THEY picked out each verse where Jesus talks about the PASSOVER.. THEy picked out each TIME PAUL says im passing on to you the passover which we must keep in remembrance of Jesus.. AND then EVEN flipped to OLD tEstament to I dont remember what book but a passage that said the passover is the 14th day of the 14th month on the 14th hour..
THen explained to me that I cant be guaranteeed that i Have been saved, because I dont keep the passover exactly!
I tried to then casually interject by saying, It is also written that is is through Grace alone we are saved, and that the last supper when Jesus was talking about the bread being his body and wine being his blood, was him actually telling his disciples about what would happen later on the CROSS, and its by believing in Jesus Death for OUR sins on the Cross, and his ressurection as our Lord and Saviour that saves us. I also tried to say that we are saved the moment we first believe that Jesus is who is he, and can be assured of our salvation as we are sealed with the Spirit, and our lives begin to change as we show the fruit of the spirit...
BUT raar it was sad, they were so passionate in their teaching they said kept saying.. yes thats goood.. but NO you MUSt keep the exact PASSover.. and ASked me to Join their Church that DOES do that!! HAHA!
But then I had to tell them that NO i cant DO THAT, I love my CHurCH and my ChURCh is a family, and have Unity as A body of Christ, I would never leave my church..
THen I Thanked them and told them to KEEP reading the BIBLE! and TRYING to understand it as a WHOLE for themselves!! And that their future door knocking would allow people to KNOW JEsus.. (hopefully know JESUS and not that PAssover thing bit)
Yeh it was sad..

2 Comments:
At 1:10 pm,
Teresa Lee said…
Wow Jade... that really is so sad. I've had people come up to me at uni and at home doing that before. Its so hard that they read the Bible but are not able to see the beauty of how it all points to Jesus.
I have been reading the book of Hebrews a lot this year and it so totally proves that what you said to them is true!
Glad floating fairytales went well though!
At 4:07 pm,
Anonymous said…
blah blah blah
wat?
Post a Comment
<< Home