August mission prep
Hi guys
Thanks for a great study tonight......really enjoyed praying with you all and reflecting on the characteristics of the Servant.......I didn't realise it at first, but it made so much sense about the nation Israel being the chosen servant in the first three passages, with the culmination found in Jesus for the fourth passage!
The brief descriptions of the title, means of service, task and result was really helpful in crystalising my thinking about the study.
Anyway, its 2am and I should be in bed, but my mind is still working.......
As I mentioned tonight, let's all think about how we can be involved in the upcoming mission month. Prayer is a great place to start - pray for opportunities and for courage to speak God's words. Then....expect some answers to your prayers.
To take an excerpt from the article I showed you tonight, this might be a good initiative to try out:
Invite a group of friends
Actually even better still is to invite a group of friends together. I don’t know about you, but if I was the only one coming to a place where I didn’t know anyone else except the person inviting me, I think I’d be very hesitant. On the other hand if I knew lots of people, I think it would be a lot easier for me to come. The reality is that people hang around in groups and find security and comfort in groups, therefore why not invite the group to come along together. On this, one thing you can do is to get together with other Christians in the group, and decide to pray for the group. Then together ask the group to come along together. Give it a go.
So let's give it a go. As I mentioned tonight, here are some possibilities:
- extend an invite to our yum cha on 30 July
- host a dinner (feel free to use our place) or go out for a meal or a coffee
- for the guys - play a game of tennis, watch some sport or even better....play sport on an XBOX!
- go bowling
- watch a movie (not the best coz you just sit in a dark room together)
- host a games/karaoke night? Who's up for seeing Kenneth star as a 'one metre ruler' again!!
- a picnic

The possibilities are endless.......post some suggestions and make some plans....then connect your non-Christian friends/contacts with those in our HG. (Don't worry - you don't have to invite all of us coz it might be a bit freaky to have 17 of us on 1 of your friends!).
Tree and I free on Thurs 20th and Sat 22nd if anyone wants to do anything. Would people be interested in having a picnic somewhere nearby?
For those who are off to MYC/Annual Conference....enjoy. Very envious of y'all as it reminds me of great times.
Thanks for a great study tonight......really enjoyed praying with you all and reflecting on the characteristics of the Servant.......I didn't realise it at first, but it made so much sense about the nation Israel being the chosen servant in the first three passages, with the culmination found in Jesus for the fourth passage!
The brief descriptions of the title, means of service, task and result was really helpful in crystalising my thinking about the study.
Anyway, its 2am and I should be in bed, but my mind is still working.......
As I mentioned tonight, let's all think about how we can be involved in the upcoming mission month. Prayer is a great place to start - pray for opportunities and for courage to speak God's words. Then....expect some answers to your prayers.
To take an excerpt from the article I showed you tonight, this might be a good initiative to try out:
Invite a group of friends
Actually even better still is to invite a group of friends together. I don’t know about you, but if I was the only one coming to a place where I didn’t know anyone else except the person inviting me, I think I’d be very hesitant. On the other hand if I knew lots of people, I think it would be a lot easier for me to come. The reality is that people hang around in groups and find security and comfort in groups, therefore why not invite the group to come along together. On this, one thing you can do is to get together with other Christians in the group, and decide to pray for the group. Then together ask the group to come along together. Give it a go.
So let's give it a go. As I mentioned tonight, here are some possibilities:
- extend an invite to our yum cha on 30 July
- host a dinner (feel free to use our place) or go out for a meal or a coffee
- for the guys - play a game of tennis, watch some sport or even better....play sport on an XBOX!
- go bowling
- watch a movie (not the best coz you just sit in a dark room together)
- host a games/karaoke night? Who's up for seeing Kenneth star as a 'one metre ruler' again!!
- a picnic

The possibilities are endless.......post some suggestions and make some plans....then connect your non-Christian friends/contacts with those in our HG. (Don't worry - you don't have to invite all of us coz it might be a bit freaky to have 17 of us on 1 of your friends!).
Tree and I free on Thurs 20th and Sat 22nd if anyone wants to do anything. Would people be interested in having a picnic somewhere nearby?
For those who are off to MYC/Annual Conference....enjoy. Very envious of y'all as it reminds me of great times.

1 Comments:
At 10:31 pm,
Kim said…
yay mr bean! =D
Post a Comment
<< Home